Your information is very important to BTNS (collectively, “BTNS”, “us” or “we” and similar references such as “our”).
Any personal data provided by you (whether through this website, in person, in connection with our products or services, or otherwise) will be treated by BTNS
What we collect
BTNS will collect and “process” (which depending on the context may simply mean electronically store) some or all of the following personal information:
- Information about you: your name, address, email address, telephone number and service details (if applicable);
- Payment details: such as credit/debit card number and expiration date; if services and or products are purchased.
- Information about your use of our website:including details of your internet protocol (IP) address, domain name, cookie details, browser version and operating system, traffic data, the web pages you viewed, and how long you stayed and location data from your IP address;
- Information about your use of our products and/or services: product and services interests and preferences, other data you may provide us, including from forms you may fill out, products or services you indicate are of interest to you, or details you provide us about a service request; and
- Our correspondence: if you contact us, we will typically keep a record of that correspondence.
When and how we collect information
We will mainly collect your personal information directly, through our interactions with you in one or more of the following ways:
- When you use our website, we may obtain information via cookies and similar devices or forms you fill out online;
- When you register for webinars, events (such as tradeshows, seminars and/or workshops) or request marketing material you may fill out associated forms or we may note the materials you request or web pages you view;
- When you email us or otherwise contact us, you may provide us your contact information including email address;
- When you send us a service request, you may provide us contact information;
- When you purchase our products or services: you may provide us your contact information;
- If you apply for a position you may provide us information in connection with that application.
There may also be occasions when we collect information about you from third parties, such as companies that facilitate badge scanning at trade shows we attend.
How we use your personal information
BTNS will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To maintain internal records: in relation to any communications or interactions we have with you.
- To communicate with you: to conduct our business, including responding to your queries, to otherwise communicate with you, or to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To deliver products, services or information requested: to process and deal with service requests and to improve and develop our products and services.
- To inform you of changes: to notify you about changes to our services and products.
- For marketing purposes: to the extent permitted by law, to provide you with updates, offers and communications about our products and services. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us at any time in accordance with the process set out in the “Marketing messages” section below.
- To process payments: to process payments from our customers or payments to our vendors, contractors or employees.
- To evaluate information you provide us: such as a job application or service experience.
- To help ensure website content is relevant: to help ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may include passing your data to business partners, suppliers and/or service providers.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements: we may process your personal information to comply with our regulatory requirements or dialogue with regulators as applicable, which may include disclosing your personal information to third parties, courts and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with inquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so.
- In relation to fraud prevention: we and other organizations that undertake fraud checks may also access and use certain information to prevent fraud as may be required by applicable law and regulation and best practice at any given time. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies and may be recorded by us or by them.
In addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal data to third party service providers and our group companies who process your personal data on our behalf for the purposes set out above. We do not sell your information to advertisers.
When required by applicable law, we will only send you marketing messages if you indicate that you consent to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we may:
- send you information by email, mail or other methods of communication about existing and new products or services and special offers from us; and
- send you information by email, mail or other methods of communication about webinars, white papers, trade shows or similar events.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the 'unsubscribe' or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in "Contact us" below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
European grounds for processing personal data
Under European data protection law, we must ensure that we have a legal basis for processing personal information of residents of the European Economic Area and other individuals whose data
BTNS is required to process in accordance with European data protection law. In the table below, we have set out the relevant grounds that apply to
Purposes of the data processing
To maintain internal records
- legitimate interests (to allow us to perform our obligations and provide services to you)
To communicate with you
- legitimate interests (to allow us to correspond with you and provide services to you); legal claims
To deliver products, services or information requested
- contract performance; legitimate interests (to allow us to deliver, maintain and improve the quality of our services and products)
To inform you of changes
- legitimate interests (to notify you about changes to our services)
For marketing purposes
- consent (which can be withdrawn at any time); legitimate interests (to inform you about our products and services)
To process payments
- contract performance; legitimate interests (to allow us to perform our obligations and provide services to you)
To evaluate information you provide us
- contract performance; legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide our services to you)
To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- legal obligations; legal claims; legitimate interests (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities)
In relation to fraud prevention
- legal obligation; legal claims; contract performance; legitimate interests (to ensure that you fall within our acceptable risk profile and to assist with the prevention of crime and fraud)
Depending on where you are based, under certain conditions, you may have the right to ask us to:
- provide you with further details on how we use and process your personal information;
- rectify inaccuracies in the personal information, and complete any incomplete personal information, that we process about you;
- delete personal information we no longer have grounds to process; and
- restrict how we process your personal information while we consider an inquiry you have raised.
- In addition, under certain conditions and depending on where you are based, you have the right to:
- where processing is based on consent, withdraw the consent;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- object to any processing of personal information that we process on the “legitimate interests” or “public interests” grounds, unless our reasons for the underlying processing outweighs your interests, rights and freedoms; and
object to direct marketing (including any profiling for such purposes) at any time as set out in the “Marketing messages” section above.
These rights are subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and may not all be available in the country in which you are based. If you have the right to do so, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at the “Contact us” section below.
Information storage, security and transmission of your personal information
Disclosure of information overseas
Disclosure of information outside the EEA
Article 26 of the European Union's Data Directive allows for transfer of personal data from the European Union to a third country if the individual has unambiguously given his consent to the transfer of personal information, regardless of the third country's level of protection.
By agreeing to this Policy, you consent to the transfer of all such information to the United States and the processing of that information as described in this Policy.
Please contact us at the details in the “Contact us” section below if you would like to see a copy of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your personal information.
We endeavor to take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but no security system is foolproof and standard internet connections are not secure. We cannot and do not warrant that your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed or accessed by parties other than those authorized under these terms and conditions; however, we maintain commercially reasonably physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislative requirements. Please always think carefully about keeping your information secure and protecting it from vulnerabilities.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We typically retain information you provide us for as long as we deem necessary for the purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data.
You may have the right to request to have your personal identifiable information changed, updated or deleted as described in the “Your rights” section above, but please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. You can communicate your request by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com.
Cookies and similar devices: